OAC Theatre Creator’s Reserve
Nightwood Theatre is proud to participate in the Ontario Arts Council Theatre Creator’s Reserve program. As a third party recommender, we are able to allocate funds based on merit of project and subject to final approval at the council level. As a recommender we adhere to the priority of our mandate, that is, we recommend women playwrights/creators, however, we do not necessarily require a focus on women’s stories.
Submissions are now open for the 2016 OAC Theatre Creator’s Reserve Program
Program for: Individuals and Collectives
Purpose: To assist theatre creators to develop new work.
Eligibility: The program assists Ontario-based professional theatre creators, and informal collectives of creators, by funding them to create work. This is a third-party recommender program.
Deadline: November 7, 2016.
To submit to Nightwood Theatre please include the following support material:
• Script (up to 20 pages of your work in progress or an excerpt of previous script)
• A synopsis
• A project description outlining the overall vision for the project and what the artist hopes to achieve with this phase of funding.
• Bios of the artist(s) involved
• A stamped self-addressed envelope to receive notification of results
Criteria we consider when selecting playwrights/creators:
• Playwright’s/Creator’s craft
• Interest in content, plot, themes
• Clarity of artistic goals
• Potential of project
• Innovation and diversity in storytelling (both stylistic and/or cultural)
Please note all applications will be assessed and recommended by the advisory and dollar amounts will be determined by the scope of the project. Requests can be for $1000-$5000. The program runs from September 6, 2016 to January 17, 2017 but projects will not be reviewed until our submission deadline. Final decisions and notifications will be made by December 19, 2016.
Please send hard copy submissions to:
Attn: OAC Theatre Creator’s Reserve
15 Case Goods Lane, Studio 306
Toronto, Ontario, M5A 3C4
Applications post-marked for November 7th but received after the deadline date will still be considered.
For more information please contact: