Dig into plays from some of Toronto’s most exciting feminist playwrights and delve into lively discussion with a group of passionate theatre-lovers at Nightwood’s inaugural Feminist Play Circle.
Hosted by Artist/Activist-in-Residence, Sedina Fiati, this intimate digital club will include personal insights from the playwrights themselves as they join in the discussion. This year’s Feminist Play Circle will explore three vital and powerful works: Body So Fluorescent, created by Amanda Cordner and David di Giovanni, Princess Pocahontas and the Blue Spots by Monique Mojica and Smudge by Alex Bulmer.
Participants are able to register for any of the sessions, and meet-ups will run Tuesdays at 7pm ET:
- Body So Fluorescent – April 27, 7pm ET
- Princess Pocahontas and the Blue Spots – May 25, 7pm ET
- Smudge – June 29, 7pm ET
All are invited to attend and the capacity for each group is 15 participants. Please contact Taylor Trowbridge with any questions: email@example.com
Sign up + Accessing Plays
Please note, admission is by donation through Canada Helps upon registration (on a sliding scale from $0 – $100).
There will be an additional cost for each play:
- Body So Fluorescent (PDF): $15 +HST accessed through Nightwood
- Princess Pocahontas and the Blue Spots (Hard Copy): $34.95 + HST (Free Canadian Shipping) Please purchase your own copy via Canadian Scholars by clicking here.
- Smudge (PDF): $15+ HST accessed through Nightwood
Financial Assistance – There will be a limited number of no-cost copies available for each play for those who need it. If you need this, please check the appropriate box on the registration form. A lottery system will be used (if necessary) to distribute the copies.
Please contact Taylor Trowbridge with any questions: firstname.lastname@example.org