JOIN THE NIGHTWOOD FAMILY!
In this time when it has become impossible for us to provide you with live, in-person theatre, and in this time of isolation, it feels especially important to us to keep up our connections with our supporters.
In this exceptional time, we invite you to join our exceptional family of donors.
It is thanks to the longstanding support of our subscribers and donors that Nightwood is able to keep fighting the feminist fight, and to continue developing extraordinary talent in this uniquely precarious time for our industry.
You have made it possible for us to come this far. And you can help us continue on through this moment and come out all the stronger for it.
You can invest in the future of feminist art.
Nightwood supporters are members of a community of passionate artists, art lovers and thinkers. To our strongest champions, in the absence of full season subscriptions, we offer personalized advance invitations to our events and multiple opportunities to connect. You can keep connected at your own pace and engage at your leisure, or opt out of any of our activities if you need a little space. As a donor, you’re offered more behind the scenes conversations and ‘backstage’ opportunities.
You can ensure the future of Nightwood Theatre.
By pivoting your subscription to a donation, your support will enable us to make the Nightwood presentation of UnSpun Theatre’s Lost Together free of cost to members in our local community for whom theatre is out of reach, and to travel this moving work to Nippissing First Nation’s Big Medicine Studio in North Bay.
Your gift will also allow us to continue to provide paid opportunities to the excellent artists whose futures loom uncertain, and to implement a variety of new community engagement activities this season such as:
- Nightwood’s Weekly Community Creativity Practice
- “Rising Moon” – A new six-week creative writing program for youth aged 16-19
- Artist talks – intermittent public conversations and readings with artists we’re supporting throughout the season
- Play Club – like a book club, only plays! – with playwright guest appearances.
- Professional Development Workshops for theatre artists
- Studio Share Residencies – $1000+ in-kind grants for groups through a brief submission process
- A digital offering of our Young Innovators Program, including a $500 honorariums for every participant
- Write From The Hip Program: new works in incubation from Anahita Dehbonehie, Celia Green, Teiya Kasahara, Breton Lalama, Kitoko Mai and Nikki Shaffeeulah under the guidance of Program Director Donna-Michelle St. Bernard, including a $1000 honorarium for every participant
- Transformation Projects – several brief video commissions on the theme ‘transformation’ housed by the National Arts Centre, with dozens of theatre companies participating nationwide
- Artistic Practice Residency Grants through brief submission process
- Seed Development commissions awarded to Rose Napoli and Yolanda Bonnell
- In-house readings of works past and present
To join the Nightwood community of donors or to renew your support today, please contact Victoria Laberge, Director of Development, at email@example.com or 416.819.7377.
Click here to donate a monthly pledge or one-time gift via Canada Helps and receive an automatic tax receipt.
PLEASE CONSIDER JOINING THE ARTISTIC DIRECTOR’S SOCIAL CIRCLE FOR DONORS OF $1,000 AND UP!
To those who make Nightwood a priority in their annual giving, we offer a more intimate view of our creative process, as well as the chance to connect socially with the many remarkable people who rally around this great company.
2018-19 Annual Report
2017-18 Annual Report
2016-2017 Annual Report
Are you involved with an organization that would be interested in supporting Nightwood Theatre with a tax-deductible corporate donation, in-kind donation or sponsorship? Click here for more information on how your company can receive fabulous marketing benefits by demonstrating its support of Canada’s National Women’s Theatre.